This reports aims to highlight the current lack of cognitive diversity within the energy sector, exploring statistics and drawing conclusions on specific impediments faced by women in the sector; reiterate research findings on the power of diversity to produce better business results focusing on the gender parity co-benefits for the energy industry; and examine best practices and strategies to foster rebalancing of the industry’s talent pool. This is accomplished employing both a moralistic approach – gender equality is a matter of social fairness and human rights; but also business pragmatism – highlighting that the magnitude of the challenge calls for cognitive diversity and creativity across the energy value chain to sustain the disruptive pressures and perform in a carbon-constrained policy and economic reality. The author also argues that in a world inflamed by the temptations of populism, maintaining societal or workforce divisions will only compound the transition trajectory. Ignoring the alarming signs around the changing societal paradigms and discounting the proverbial issue of societal cohesion in energy transition scenarios and roadmaps will render the 2030 and 2050 milestones meaningless and discredit the end of century climate neutrality and prosperity vision.
The energy transition demands strong public-private partnerships and commitment to a more sustainable future.
With extensive and frontline experience across Governments, EU Institutions, Politicians, Private and Public Companies and Non-for-Profit Organisations ECEGA assists public and private institutions and businesses to design creative and powerful strategies for change and adjust to challenges and capitalise on evolving opportunities in a carbon-constrained world.
We analyse, evaluate, solve and empower - contact us today for a strategic discussion on how to deliver tangible outcomes for you and your organisation.
- Public Policy and Sectoral Expertise: EU Regulatory Process and Procedure, Geopolitics, Energy Policy, Energy Transition, Oil&Gas, Shale, Bioenergy, Gender Mainstreaming
- Forward Policy and Business Intelligence and Forecasting
- Policy Development, Strategy and Compliance
- Risk, Relationship and Reputation Management
- Benchmarking, Stakeholder Mapping and Strategic Consulting
- Crisis Management and Issue Response, Meaningful Community Engagement
- EU Affairs, Government Relations and Liaison Training and Advice
- Environmental Risk Valuation and Business Restructuring in a Carbon-Constrained World